Totally Raiding Inc.

Don't be a dick.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Post subject: Regular Raid Finder Run
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:06 pm 

Permanent Fixture

So, by all accounts Patch 4.3 will be coming out some time this month, most likely the Tuesday either directly before or after Thanksgiving. In addition to new raid content, transmogrification, void storage, the Darkmoon Faire revamp, etc. etc. and so on and so forth, the patch will also introduce the new cross-realm Raid Finder tool. Now, chances are that you've already heard about the feature, but if you haven't, then here's the intro/FAQ and here's info on the loot system. Note that the Raid Finder version of a raid is considered a completely separate thing from the normal/heroic version. Running the Raid Finder version will not lock you out of your normal/heroic raid, and killing the bosses on normal/heroic will not prevent you from getting loot from those bosses in the Raid Finder.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to see if people would be interested in setting up a particular night of the week to do Raid Finder runs together once 4.3 drops. No pressure, no obligation, no minimum requirements beyond whatever limitations Blizzard puts in place. Just a chance to do things with some people you probably already know and like.

Interested? Great! I'm going to tentatively schedule this for 6pm-9pm (server) on Wednesdays starting November 30th (assuming the patch is out by then). Of course, scheduling may change if people would prefer a different time, so feel free to let me know if some other time would work better. Note that Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights, as well as Saturday mornings/early afternoons already have regularly scheduled TRI events.

Quote:
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb, and all I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—and it's no coincidence I've come.
And I can die when I'm done.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:40 pm 

Oldtimer

Nice idea Gryph. Wednesday is my D&D night, so I'll pass. I might occasionally come along if it happens on another night though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:46 pm 

Permanent Fixture

Dalbarr wrote:
Nice idea Gryph. Wednesday is my D&D night, so I'll pass. I might occasionally come along if it happens on another night though.

If a different time would work better for you, feel free to suggest one. I just picked Wednesday because it was the only free non-weekend time slot left on the TRI calendar.

Quote:
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb, and all I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—and it's no coincidence I've come.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:35 pm 

Permanent Fixture

I'd be interested in coming along on occasion, and Wednesday nights are actually a really good night for me (go figure). I'll hopefully have both a shaman and a hunter available, and maaaaaybe a holy paladin.

Maybe.

I make no promises.

Too Many Annas - Because Raiding and Roleplay are not mutually exclusive.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:13 pm 

Permanent Fixture

I might be able to do this. I'll have to see how schedules and such come together.

I boom. I heal. I juggle potions.

The only thing I don't do? Flip pancakes. Man, I suck at that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:59 pm 

Permanent Fixture

This is a good idea. Its way to early for me - Im not home until around 10pm server normally - but keen to see if we can make something work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:46 am 

Permanent Fixture

Just a reminder, this will be starting this Wednesday. If you want a leg-up on the bosses, here is LearntoRaid's Dragon Soul Strategy Guide playlist. I'm not sure what differs between the normal and Raid Finder difficulties, but I'm assuming it's not too much.

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:09 pm 

Permanent Fixture

As a quick heads-up, only the first half of the Dragon Soul raid is currently available via Raid Finder, so you only need to get familiar with the first 4 bosses (Morchok, Yor'sahj, Zon'ozz, and Hagara) if you've decided to study up in preparation for tomorrow. The second half will be made available next week. That said, one does indeed have to complete the first half before the second half is unlocked for that character, so combined with the ilvl requirements noted below, chances are that we'll be doing the first half fairly often for the foreseeable near future.

In addition to the above, the ilvl required to queue for the Raid finder is 372. So if the average gear level of the character(s) you want to bring to this is below that, you may want to run some of the new 5-mans to bring up your item level.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:04 am 

Permanent Fixture

A brief note: since this is a no obligation run, there's not really any expectation for any individual to show up for any given week. If you want to attend, but feel like you may run a little late, just give me a heads up (either in-game if you can, or as a forum post or PM or something), and if I see it in time I'll be more than happy to hold off on queuing until up to 6:15pm server time or so.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:18 pm 

Permanent Fixture

Not sure if anyone is actually going to see this here, but chances are I probably won't be able to get online for this tonight. I'm currently in the process of formatting my computer after things went terribly, terribly wrong, and at the rate things are going I doubt I'll be able to get it up and running by 6.

If anyone really wants to get this done tonight, feel free to put the group together yourself, or alternately you can talk to Duerma about this Saturday's In-Character Raid Finder Run. Good luck!

Quote: