Totally Raiding Inc.

Don't be a dick.
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:04 am

Would you be interested in a new TRI 25-man raid team? (See details below.)
Poll ended at Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:43 pm
Absolutely! Sign me up! 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Yes, with some caveats that I'll explain below. 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Not really, but I'm open to considering it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, thanks. 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: A New TRI 25?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:43 pm 

Permanent Fixture

Recently I've spent some time talking to the TRI raid leaders and officers about putting together a new 25-man team. I don't know about the rest of you, but 10s really aren't my thing (I suppose you can call it UBRS syndrome - 10s just feel like dungeons moreso than raids to me), and I've been hoping to put a TRI 25 together again to help reignite my passion for the raiding game again.

Anyway, I've gotten the go-ahead from many of the TRI leaders, and while I'm ready to put things together and try to get things rolling, I'm hesitant to invest so much time and energy into the effort unless I know there are other people out there who would actually be interested in a resurgent TRI 25. Thus, I'm asking here and doing my best to ask people in-game, too. If you know anyone else who might be interested in this project, directing them here would be greatly appreciated. Some of the details are down below, and I'm more than happy to answer any further questions in this thread.

Details:

1. This will be a TRI 25, not the TRI 25. While I'm hoping we can have much of the same fun and atmosphere, things will not be exactly the same as before. Leadership, loot rules, expectations, policies, etc. etc. etc. will probably be different - in some cases wildly different - but hopefully not so much so that the raid feels unrecognizable.

2. There are already several TRI or TRI-affiliated 10 man raids currently in existence. In order to not step on anyone's toes on this matter, I'm designing this 25-man so that it focuses on content that is challenging, rewarding, and fulfilling without actually competing with these other teams for raid members or causing lockout conflicts. In other words: it will probably focus on the achievements and hard modes of the previous tier.

3. Right now I'm putting this together more-or-less by myself. As such, a lot of the policies are geared toward ease of management more than anything else. And while pretty much everything is subject to change, I've obsessed over these policies and talked them over with enough people that I'm confident they're a solid base to work from.

4. I don't have a set start date or schedule yet, but if this gets off the ground it will be a very casual time investment. Probably 3-4 hours per day for 1 day per week.

5. There will be some degree of seriousness in that people will be expected to meet basic minimum requirements in terms of readiness (food & flask buffs, updated addons, etc.), performance (not standing in the fire, meeting minimum benchmarks, etc.), and potential (having appropriate gear, specs, glyphs, etc.), but I don't think it will be anything so egregious as to be completely unreasonable. Also, I will absolutely commit to making any and all requirements available up-front so no one feels blindsided by them, and so that raid members have a chance to discuss them if they feel they're too harsh or too lax.

6. As I mentioned above, at the moment I'm organizing this all by myself. As such, a lot of the responsibilities of raid management are likely to be split amongst the members of the raid rather than being borne by just a few people at the top. However, with 25 raiders, I'm hoping the responsibilities can be chopped up into small enough bite-sized tasks that splitting up the duties isn't going to be overly taxing on anyone at all.

Quote:
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb, and all I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—and it's no coincidence I've come.
And I can die when I'm done.

Last edited by Gryphonheart on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A New TRI 25?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:58 pm 

Oldtimer

I would be up for a 25 man raid but it would depend on it and my schedules. I raided really hard last expansion with toons in the 25 man and three yes three 10 man raids all of which contributed considerably to my wow burnout. This expansion I am a regular in one raid and have subbed in to another a couple of times which works well for me. I would probably be able to give you one character for 25 man one day a week maybe two days from time to time but not as a regular thing. Gren is already spoken for in Bricu's 10 man RP raid but I have several other characters who are sufficiently geared to at least start raiding depending on what you need.

However I do not want to be a leader. Chasing down people finding subs and making sure that everyone is doing what they are supposed to as far as gear, talents, glyphs consumables etc would take too much of my personal time. Time that I am trying to keep free from any hard and fast dedications to anything but family. Let me know which toon you would be wanting primarily and I will make sure that they are reasonably ready to go.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:55 am 

Regular

I was going to vote "Absolutely, sign me up" but I am getting this error: "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."
No clue.

Anyway, only hold backs for me is time and day, but I suppose that's still in the future.

"Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some blind, half-night elf mongrel?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:31 am 

Oldtimer

Not sure how I missed this. The voting thing isn't working for me either. I would probably be interested in this, subject to scheduling. Keep us posted on how it's coming along.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:45 am 

Permanent Fixture

Yeah, I've been hearing about the poll problems, but I have no idea what's causing them or how to fix 'em. Heck, even I get the error when I try to vote, and I made the poll. :P

Quote:
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb, and all I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—and it's no coincidence I've come.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 pm 

Regular

I'm trying to figure out what's going on here, but the poll works fine for me and a few other people, which is making it hard to troubleshoot.

Souls! Need more souls!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:56 pm 

Regular

I tried both in Windows and FireFox. Same reply.

"Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some blind, half-night elf mongrel?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 am 

Regular

I voted late. At this point, my 10-man has moved to Firelands. I can offer a healer/DPS for 25-man on any raids but that.

I also have a Warlock at 85 who can do anything required, but is undergeared.

I'd really rather not do weekends, and can't Mondays, btw. Weekends I try to do social things.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:12 pm 

Permanent Fixture

I don't think we have enough people interested for this project to move forward. I was hoping for roughly 7-8 people so I could at least get it started as a solid 10-man while recruiting additional raiders, but with only 4-5 people I doubt I can make it work.

Oh well. There's always next expansion. Thanks for replying, everyone who did. :D

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 am 

Nub

THis is what I get for not visiting the forums more often...>.>

I wouldn't mind a 25 man as it would be nice to get to raid with my wife once again! But it would be schedule dependent. Thursdays work fine for me as that is our normal raiding night, and Saturday mornings would be fine as well.

Being a Tank, and having a Rogue as an alt, I'd be concerned with what Role I'd get to play. From my understanding, 25-man raids are still mostly a 2-tank raid, so that would limit how many tanks would get to play. And having a Rogue Alt means I'd be rolling against my Wife for loot... Never a comfortable prospect! (Bad enough as a DK I'm rolling on the same token as she would be...) Not to mention having to roll against ALL THE ROGUES! (We do have a number of them around here, don't we?)

But maybe as we finish out Firelands, it might be nice to have the option to run 25-man with others and just have a good time with all! (The more, the merrier, right?)

Let me know how this goes!

http://www.randomdailies.com