Totally Raiding Inc.

Don't be a dick.
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:32 pm

Post subject: Constructive Criticism
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:39 pm 
Apprentice

There is no doubt in my mind that we rocked Kara. One wipe. Three shot prince. One shot nightbane. Yes, some of us were decked out in post-Kara goodness--but gear is not everything. We had:

Solid tactics (Thank you everyone, but IMHO Cylinn, Varenna and Genise get kudos)

Good instruction (Again, thanks to Varenna, Genise, Threnn and Cylinn)

Willingness to take feedback on tactics (this is for everyone)

Flexibility (Calen for shifting to healing, Varenna's healing)

we had no lootwhoring

What we could do better:

I think we can pick up the pace a bit.

I think we can communicate in raid and in /say a bit more, especially to try out new tactics or if someone really wants to give something a different shot. For instance, "I saw this new strategy on WoW Wiki and I want to try it..."

I NEED to fill people in on the nature of the story.

Please put your loot or STORY goals in this thread. In my opinion, both are super important to me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:57 pm 

Oldtimer

Story-wise, this run is taking Denne out of retirement. (I stopped running end-game content with her just shy of a year ago and have explained it away as described in the other thread.) She'll be happy not to stand out at all, except in conversation and in being a thorn in Shael's side. She'll use this job as an excuse to resume her adventuring with purpose. She likes to be useful and will happily perform any task put to her so long as it's not TOO questionable. Over time, she'll likely start wanting to know more about whomever is putting them to this task, but for the present she will learn by watching and listening.

While she considers herself to be profit-driven (with morals, mind you) and will present herself to others that way, she's also influenced by a desire to learn about and serve the interests of Dwarvenkind. She'll continue to be puzzled by the Earthen statue and what Medivh may have known about them.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:32 pm 
Apprentice

Story goals:
Shael and I would like to know what is up with that necklace.
Shael, too, would like to know more about Bricu's employers, and is both relieved and worried that Bricu expressed the same desire.
Shael is here for money, but also to try to understand how the Riders work. He's long been curious about the able and -loyal- crew that Ap Danwyrith runs. So I hope to poke him to, like, engage in conversation more.
Shael is also happy for every time he gets to give the finger to the tower that destroyed Stormwind. So he's just pleased to be there.

Loot goals:
I have no loot goals. Loot is a pleasant bonus.

Alts:
You'd mentioned alts ingame. If I ever get him keyed, I might want to bring Haemon, but I'm unlikely to get him keyed, and really, I can see where Shael is more useful. And fun.
And as much as I'd love to deck Sets out...that's just not gonna happen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:43 pm 

Regular

Cylinn's pretty damn simple. Bricu asked her to help and said that she would get money. She's kind paranoid about money, since she is always short of it. Aside from that, I expect what happens to her in Kara will expand depending on what happens in Kara.

For loot, just about anything a tank would need and badges.

Alts:
Eventually, I would like to have my three other alliance toons leveled. I'm kinda burnt on leveling right now. I've leveled 4 70s now and I need a break. My goal is just to be more on alliance side.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:41 am 
Apprentice

Guys--

Do not be shy about lewt requests.

If this goes the way I am hoping it does, we'll hit a very-gear-dependant 10-man next. Word.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:52 am 

Permanent Fixture

Quote:
Shael is here for money, but also to try to understand how the Riders work. He's long been curious about the able and -loyal- crew that Ap Danwyrith runs. So I hope to poke him to, like, engage in conversation more.
SHIT HE SAW ME

I should be around Tuesday night! Or send a goon to poke me on IRC, I'm almost always idling if I'm home.

"Someday, you're going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I'm around to see it."
-The Lies of Locke Lamora, Scott Lynch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:03 pm 

Oldtimer

I went through the boss drops and made myself notes for each piece that a rogue could potentially use and compared it to what I have and what else drops there. The following would be an improvement over current gear, though marginal in some cases. As an assassination rogue, I rely on daggers, +crit, and +hit most of all. My dungeon set gloves and pants give a set bonus that gives me a lot of mileage, so I'll only exchange them for something truly fantastic, and nothing in Kara fits the bill, oddly. Of the following, capitalized items are strongly desired.

Attumen: (Got the necklace the second week, thanks!), (Was granted the gloves in the third week), maybe crossbow for its stats
Moroes: (Got the dagger in week five! Yay!)
Maiden: BRACERS OF MALICIOUSNESS Edit: I bought better with Badges
Curator: (found Garona's Signet Ring in the pocket of the Breastplate of Bloodthrist), Gloves Token
Illhoof: XAVIAN STILETTO would make me start using Thrown again
Aran: Cloak, (got the rest on the first run, thanks!)
Netherspite: (got the helm, thanks!) (was given the pants the second week)
Prince: (The Malchazeen appeared in week 6, yay!), (got the Ring of a Thousand Marks in week 4), (Took the helm token the third week)
Nightbane: CHESTGUARD OF THE CONNIVER Bought the badge one
Opera: Blade of the Unrequited dagger, (nicked Romulo's Poison Vial by myself one stealthy weekend)
Chess: (Got the Bladed Shoulderpads of the Merciless in week 3, thanks!), Girdle of Treachery Got better in Heroic BM
Fashion: I would totally take the Ruby Slippers for fashion. =D

I'll compare these against the items that can be purchased with Badges as well and modify the post as I gain/replace gear. Oh, and I left the tier items off of this list because I presently prefer my helm and gloves. I'll only take the items if they would otherwise go unused. Edit: Now that I've broken the set and gotten the helm, I'm more likely to be interested in the gloves.

The only alt I have anywhere near Kara readiness is a Tauren, so I'll keep it to Denne.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 07, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:10 pm 

Regular

Dear Denne, please kill yourself, join the horde and come to Kara with the Anvil. We have so many Malchazeens that we gave them to our Resto Shammy

(No, I am not kidding. Said Resto shammy also has two Decapators. However, my shadow priest is wanted dead because the dagger has only dropped for us about four times after running the instance for over 6 months.)

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:11 pm 

Oldtimer

I don't think my Tauren druid needs one, but thanks anyway.

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:13 pm 

Regular

(Heh, Everyone needs a Malchazeen!)